The One-on-One sessions begin with a skills assessment from which we establish a baseline and work a plan to improve your skills. Our goal? To help you become a well-rounded, responsive photographer, confident behind the lens and ready to take the next shot. Each session is completely customized to fit your skill level. We will focus on areas of improvement and together prioritize a plan to achieve those goals.
Photography is more than just taking the shot, its seeing the shot before it happens in real time. Composition, context and final use all play into the perspective you bring to your lens. The more unique your perspective the more individual creativity you have to share.
Two of the biggest struggles with which photographers struggle are subject matter and finding ‘the’ captivating shot. With that in mind session locations are likely to vary. If you have a preferred spot then let’s shoot there. I have favorite locations I can share during our sessions all of which may serve as a canvas for some incredible shots.
Areas of focus
Below are a few areas of focus that each session could include.
- Understanding the relationship between aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.
- Equipment recommendations.
- Creating depth of field.
- Composition and framing.
- Perspective variations.
- Building ability to focus consistently.
- Finding light in any situation.
- Lightroom editing and/or Photoshop (color correction, use of actions, smoothing skin, etc.)
- Working with online communities and building an online presence.
- Running your own online gallery.
- Pricing and selling your own prints.